- FireWire 1394B (IEE1394A/B/iLink Compliant), 2 9 Pin (powered) ports, backwards compatible with FireWire 400 (9-Pin to 6-Pin Cable) – requires FireWire 800 to 400 Cable/Adapter for use with 1394A Interface, see related items.
- USB 3.0 / 2.0 / 1.1 Backwards compatible 9 pin mini "B" port.
- All cables included. The USB cable connects to systems with USB, USB 2.0, and USB 3.0. No additional USB cable is needed to connect the drive.
- USB 3.1 gen 1 (ASMedia ASM1153E)
- FireWire 800 (JMicron JMB355)
- 2.0TB* Seagate/Samsung Hard Disk Drive**
- *1GB = 1,000,000,000 bytes. Total accessible capacity varies depending upon operating environment (typically 5-10% less). The actual total capacity will depend on your own defined file settings/preferences.
**OWC reserves the right to replace or upgrade to equivalent or better components.
Drive Cache Size
Drive Rotation Speed
- FireWire 800 – (2) 9 pin powered ports
- USB 3.0 – (1) 9 pin mini B port
Max Data Transfer Rate
- FireWire 800 – 100MB/sec
- FireWire 400 – 50MB/sec
- USB 3.0 – 500MB/sec
- USB 2.0 – 60MB/sec
- USB 1.1 – 1.5MB/sec
UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol) Compliant
- Can I use this solution as an external startup drive?
- FireWire 800: Supported on Macs and PC's meeting minimum requirements.
- FireWire 400: Supported on Macs and PC's meeting minimum requirements.
- USB 3.0: Supported on Macs and PC's meeting minimum requirements.
- USB 2.0: Supported on Macs and PC's meeting minimum requirements.
Macintosh System Requirements
- Mac OS 8.6 to 9.2.2 compatible, OS X 10.1.x and later. (10.2 or later required for FW800 and USB 3.0)
- FireWire 800: Macintosh with FireWire 800 interface, either built in or via PCI FireWire 800 card.
- FireWire 400: Macintosh with FireWire 400 interface, either built in or via PCI FireWire 400 card.
- USB 3.0: Macintosh with USB 3.0 interface, either built in or via PCI USB 3.0 card.
- USB 2.0: Macintosh with USB 2.0 interface, either built in or via PCI USB 2.0 card.
Windows System Requirements
- FireWire 800: PC with FireWire 800 interface, either built in or via PCI FireWire 800 card.
- FireWire 400: PC with FireWire 400 interface, either built in or via PCI FireWire 400 card.
- USB 3.0: PC with USB 3.0 interface, either built in or via PCI USB 3.0 card.
- USB 2.0: PC with USB 2.0 interface, either built in or via PCI USB 2.0 card.
- Linux compatible via supported USB and FireWire interfaces.
- Bus Power via FireWire 800 supported on all models equipped with an available FireWire 800 port either factory stock or via add on FireWire 800 PCI Card.
- Bus Power via FireWire 400 on all models made in 2001 or later via Factory ports or any model with add on FireWire 400 PCI Card.
- Bus power via USB on most computers with factory installed USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 port.
- Optional AC Adapter*
- * AC adapter not required for most applications provided computer bus supplies appropriate power needs.
External Case Dimensions
- 3.5" (W) x 5.5" (D) x 1" (H)
- 88.9mm x 139.7mm x 25.4mm
Enclosure Weight (no accessories)
- (operating) 5°C – 42°C (41°F – 107°F)
- (non-operating) -40°C – 65°C (-40°F – 149°F)
- (operating) 8% – 90% RH (Non-condensing)
- (non-operating) 5% – 95% RH (Non-condensing)
- 70G 2mS; (non-operating) 175G 2mS
- (operating) 1.0G (5 – 300Hz)
- (non-operating) 5.0G (5 – 500Hz)
Manufacturer provided specifications for Other World Computing p/n MS8U3H5T2.0 UPC#: 812437021264
- OWC Mercury On-The-Go Pro Bus-Powered, Multi-Interface, USB 3.0 & 2.0 / FireWire 800 (FireWire 400 Backwards Compatible) Storage Solution with Hard Drive
- 15" High Quality Double Shielded FireWire 800 connecting cable (9-9 Pin cable)
- 16" High Quality Double Shielded USB 3.0/2.0/1.1 certified connecting cable
- Carrying Case
- Assembly Manual & User Guide
2TB 5400 RPM
Bus-Powered, Multi-Interface Storage Solution
Mac / PC / USB 3.0 & 2.0 / FireWire 800 (FireWire 400 Backwards Compatible)
The OWC Mercury On-The-Go USB 3.0 & 2.0 / FireWire 800 (FireWire 400 Backwards Compatible) Storage Solution provides maximum storage in an ultra-portable, totally bus powered design!
Stylishly engineered in a sleek, impact-resistant acrylic enclosure, the Mercury On-The-Go Pro incorporates shock-isolation technology to give maximum protection for your precious data inside. The Mercury On-The-Go Pro is a true must-have for users like you who are seeking High-Performance and Highly Reliable storage weighing less than 11 ounces and that is small enough to fit in your pocket.
Compact and Versatile
If you're looking for one of the most compatible mass storage solutions made, look no further! The OWC Mercury On-The-Go drive is all you'll need! Packing a one-two punch of super fast USB 3.0 and FireWire 800, the OWC Mercury On-The-Go has what it takes to truly work cross platform. The Mercury On-The-Go Pro is bus-powered, so it doesn't require an AC adapter!
Cool and Silent
The OWC Mercury On-The-Go's fanless design offers near silent operation while still keeping your drive cool. The built-in aluminum heatsink underneath the drive and passthrough cooling vents on the top of the case work in tandem to provide optimum results.
Fast and Reliable
The OWC Mercury On-The-Go uses the latest Oxford and ASMedia chipset for both USB 3.0 and FireWire 800. Designed to work with SATA hard drives and SSDs, this chipset is the latest evolution for the best performance on the market.